Vessel Tracer iVMS
The Vessel Tracer iVMS is a small monitoring device that has been specifically designed for artisanal fisheries. The unit transmits positions through mobile telephone networks, thus allowing for a much higher reporting frequency than traditional VMS. An intelligent use of LEDs allows fishers to know, among other things, whether their iVMS unit is operating and transmitting correctly before departing port.
- Inshore vessel monitoring device for SSF/Artisanal fisheries.
- For vessels under 12m in length.
- No external antenna required.
- Line-powered cellular MTU.
- IP 67 casing.
- Tamper proof device.
- Internal Li-ion battery back-up, capable of transmitting over 1000 reports when operating on battery power alone, up to 7 days operation in complete darkness.
- Optional solar power for vessels without power.
- Cellular technology. Very low operational costs.
- GSM/GPRS technology.
- High frequency reporting: Can transmit positional data up to once a minute.
- No roaming charges.
- Store-and-forward technology when outside cell-phone coverage.
- Can store up to 500,000 position reports.
- Latitude, longitude, course, speed, date and time.
- Operating range of 9 to 36 V DC.
- Small and light weight:
- Length: 172 mm
- Width: 127 mm
- Height: 43 mm
- Weight: 530 grams
Small and discreet LEDs to avoid being seen by neighbouring vessels yet sufficiently bright to be clearly visible to fisher:
External power LED: allows fishers to see if the device is being powered by an external power source or by the device’s internal battery.
Battery charge level LED: Single green/amber/red LED informs fishers of the internal battery charge level.
Warning LED: Allows fishers to see if there is a problem with the device before leaving port or while at sea.