Vessel Tracer iVMS
The Vessel Tracer iVMS is a small monitoring device for boats that has been specifically designed for artisanal fisheries. The equipment transmits the positions of the vessels through mobile telephone networks, which allows a much higher frequency of reports than the traditional VMS. At the same time, it allows to obtain better data to better understand the fishing effort. The iVMS can instantly notify fishermen if their vessel enters a restricted fishing area, which helps them demonstrate that they are legally fishing in a permitted area and in a sustainable way.
- Inshore vessel monitoring device for SSF/Artisanal fisheries
- For vessels under 12m in length.
- No external antenna required.
- Line-powered cellular MTU
- IP 67 casing.
- Tamper proof device with laser engraved serial number.
- Internal Li-ion battery back-up, capable of transmitting over 1000 reports when operating on battery power alone, up to 7 days operation in complete darkness.
- Celular technology. Very low operational costs.
- GSM/GPRS technology.
- High frequency reporting: Can transmit positional data up to once a minute.
- No roaming charges.
- Store-and-forward technology when outside cell-phone coverage.
- Can store up to 500,000 position reports.
- Can be connected via Bluetooth to a tablet or phone to transmit catch/discard data
- Operating range of 9 to 36 V DC.
- Small and light weight:
»Length: 172 mm
»Width: 127 mm
»Height: 43 mm
»Weight: 530 grams
- Small and discreet LEDs to avoid being seen by neighbouring vessels yet sufficiently bright to be clearly visible to fisher:
External power LED: allows fishers to see if the device is being powered by the vessel’s main power or the internal battery.
Battery charge level LED: Variable Green/Amber/Red LED allows fishers to see the battery charge level of the device.
Geofence LED (optional): The device calculates geofence coordinates internally so that fishers can instantly see when they have entered a prohibited area.
Warning LED: Allows fishers to see if there is a problem with the device before leaving port or while at sea.
ONLINE VESSEL TRACKING SYSTEM
- Track and trace the vessel’s movements using Zunibal’s online and secure platform.
- Latitude, longitude, course, speed, date and time.