Vessel Tracer Solar iVMS
The fishing effort of much of the world’s fishing fleet is currently unknown due to a lack of spaciotemporal data from Small-Scale Fisheries (SSF). The Vessel Tracer Solar is a small solar-powered vessel monitoring device that has been specifically designed for artisanal fisheries/SSF. The transponder transmits vessel movements using mobile-phone networks, allowing for a much higher reporting frequency than traditional VMS. This in turn allows for higher resolution data to better understand fishing activity and effort. The Vessel Tracer Solar can instantly warn fishers if their vessel enters into an MPA or restricted fishing area, thus helping fishers to demonstrate that they are fishing legally and sustainably.
- Inshore vessel monitoring device for SSF/Artisanal fisheries
- For vessels under 12m in length.
- No external antenna required.
- Entirely solar-powered cellular MTU
- IP 67 casing.
- Tamper proof device with laser engraved serial number.
- Internal Li-ion battery back-up, capable of transmitting over 1000 reports when operating on battery power alone, up to 10 days operation in complete darkness.
- Celular technology. Very low operational costs.
- GSM/GPRS technology.
- High frequency reporting.
- No roaming charges.
- Store-and-forward technology when outside cell-phone coverage.
- Can store up to 500,000 position reports.
- Can be connected via Bluetooth to a tablet or a phone to transmit catch/discard data.
- Small and light weight:
»Length: 172 mm
»Width: 127 mm
»Height: 43 mm
»Weight: 530 grams
GEOFENCE WARNING ALARM
- The device calculates geofence coordinates internally so that fishers can instantly hear when they have entered a prohibited area.
ONLINE VESSEL TRACKING SYSTEM
- Track and trace the vessel’s movements using Zunibal’s online and secure platform.
- Latitude, longitude, course, speed, date and time.